Without passion life becomes uninspiring.
You go through the motions but deep down inside you are restless.
Your heart desperately yearns for something that you can’t put your finger on.
If you are feeling like this, you are not alone.
There are millions of people around the world, just like you and me, longing to find their life passion.
Because passion is the driving force behind human creativity.
It enhances the quality of your life and empowers you to express yourself authentically.
So if you are sitting at your desk wondering if there’s more to life, I want to tell you that yes there is.
Every successful person started from a similar place of discontent.
But instead of being defeated, their dissatisfaction lit a spark inside them that motivated them into action.
You too can make the leap from mediocrity to doing what you love.
This doesn’t mean you should quit your job tomorrow but it is a case of rethinking your priorities and focusing on what really matters.
Here are 65 passion quotes that will help you live boldly and give you the courage to pursue your dreams.
65 Empowering Passion Quotes
1. Pursuing your passions makes you more interesting, and interesting people are enchanting. ~ Guy Kawasaki
2. Follow your passion, and success will follow you. ~Terri Guillemets
3. Nothing great in the world was accomplished without passion. ~ Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
4. We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings. ~ Abraham Maslow
5. Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate. ~ Jon Bon Jovi
6. There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela
7. Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. ~ Oprah Winfrey
8. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. ~ Harriet Tubman
Passion is the genesis of genius. ~ Anthony Robbins
10. When you’re trying to motivate yourself, appreciate the fact that you’re even thinking about making a change. And as you move forward, allow yourself to be good enough. ~ Alice Domar
11. You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world. ~ Sheila Graham
12. Man is so made that when anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish. ~ Jean de la Fontaine
13. You’re worried about how you’re going to feel at the end of your life? What about right now? Live. Right this minute. That’s where the joy is at. ~Abigail Thomas
14. If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it. ~ Wanda Sykes
15. The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment. ~ Earl Nightingale
16. There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive. ~ Oprah Winfrey
17. Plan your hours to be productive…Plan your weeks to be educational…Plan your years to be purposeful. Plan your life to be an experience of growth. Plan to change. Plan to grow. ~ Iyanla Vanzant
18. You have to start by changing the story you tell yourself about getting older…The minute you say to yourself, ‘Time is everything, and I’m going to make sure that time is used the way I dream it should be used,’ then you’ve got a whole different story. ~ Diane Sawyer
19. Chase your passion, not your pension. ~ Denis Waitley
20. Success demands planning and perspective and most importantly passion. ~ Dan Waldschmidt
21. Often people attempt to live their lives backwards, they try to have more things or more money in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are then do what you need to do in order to have what you want. ~ Margaret Young
22. Work to become, not to acquire. ~ Elbert Hubbard
23. Emptiness is a symptom that you are not living creatively. You either have not [a] goal that is important enough to you, or you are not using your talents and efforts in striving toward an important goal. ~ Maxwell Maltz
24. If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development. ~ Brian Tracy
25. I’ve arrived at the place if I’m not taking a career risk, I’m not happy. If I’m scared, then I know I’m being challenged. ~ Jim Carrey
What you’re really supposed to be doing is whatever makes your heart sing.~ Barbara Sher
27. It’s not the days in your life, but the life in your days that counts. ~ Brian White
28. If God gives you something you can do, why in God’s name wouldn’t you do it? ~ Stephen King
29. There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life. ~ Federico Fellini
30. I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as ‘making a life’. ~ Maya Angelou
31. If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose. ~ Bishop T.D. Jakes
32. Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it. ~ Hardy D. Jackson
33. Chase down your passion like it’s the last bus of the night. ~ Terri Guillemets
34. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~ Howard Thurman
35. The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, or gives you a sense of meaning, joy, or passion.~ Terry Orlick
36. We’re the creators of our own experience — remembering this, and living our lives from this perspective, empowers us. ~ Mike Robbins
37. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose. ~ Yoda
38. Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death. ~ Anais Nin
39. Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there’s love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. ~ Ella Fitzgerald
40. The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can. ~ Neil Gaiman
41. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. ~ Mae Jemison
42. Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. ~ Denis Diderot
43. Waste no more time talking about great souls and how they should be. Become one yourself! ~ Marcus Aurelius Antonius
44. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. ~ Oprah Winfrey
45. You will need to find your passion. Don’t give up on finding it because then all you’re doing is waiting for the Reaper. ~ Randy Pausch
46. I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life…if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be. ~ Roald Dahl
47. Nothing is quite as beautiful as seeing someone do exactly what they were designed to do, to watch someone who has found that thing, that passion, that singular calling and expresses it with conviction. ~ Lori Stanley Roeleveld
Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams. ~ Donovan Bailey
49. Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity, because if you’re passionate about something, then you’re more willing to take risks. ~ Yo-Yo Ma
50. Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. ~ Anthony J. D’Angelo
51. Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head. ~ A. R. Rahman
52. Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. ~ Oprah Winfrey
53. We can each define ambition and progress for ourselves. The goal is to work toward a world where expectations are not set by the stereotypes that hold us back, but by our personal passion, talents and interests. ~ Sheryl Sandberg
54. Once something is a passion, the motivation is there. ~ Michael Schumacher
55. We must act out passion before we can feel it. ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
56. When you catch a glimpse of your potential, that’s when passion is born. ~ Zig Ziglar
57. Without passion you don’t have energy, without energy you have nothing. ~ Donald Trump
58. There is never just one thing that leads to success for anyone. I feel it always a combination of passion, dedication, hard work, and being in the right place at the right time. ~ Lauren Conrad
59. Follow your passion. The rest will attend to itself. If I can do it, anybody can do it. It’s possible. And it’s your turn. So go for it. It’s never too late to become what you always wanted to be in the first place. ~ J. Michael Straczynski
60. I don’t think of myself as a role model. I do try to live in a compassionate, considerate and positive way. The only advice I can offer is to find what you love to do, find the joy in it, and express yourself through your passion.~ Barry Williams
It is your passion that empowers you to be able to do that thing you were created to do. ~ T. D. Jakes
62. If you love your work, you’ll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you – like a fever. ~ Sam Walton
63. If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it. ~ Wanda Sykes
64. It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness. ~ Sheryl Sandberg
65. Whatever you want to do, do with full passion and work really hard towards it. Don’t look anywhere else. There will be a few distractions, but if you can be true to yourself, you will be successful for sure. ~ Virat Kohli
Over To You
Which of these 65 passion quotes resonates most with you? Do you have a favorite quote I have missed out? Please share your thoughts below.